Royal Jelly | Jeli Di Raja |
Fairuz Nur (Store Manager Central Market) Fresh Royal Jelly / Susu Lebah
Royal jelly is the crown jewel among beehive products. It is a nutritionally a rich, creamy, white, and opalescent liquid. Royal jelly is produced by worker bees and used exclusively for the nourishment of the queen bee, which is recognized for her longevity (compared with regular worker bees - several years vs. just 1-2 months), energy, and stamina for reproductive capability. Royal jelly is always fed directly to the queen or the larvae as it is secreted; it is not stored. This is why it has not been a traditional beekeeping product.
How Royal Jelly is made
Royal jelly is made by nurse bees who chew pollen and mix it with secretions from glands in their head. Royal jelly is the sole food of the queen bee, allowing her to live 50 times longer than regular bees.
Chemical Composition of Royal Jelly
Royal Jelly contains approximately 12% protein, 5-6% lipids and 12-15% carbohydrates. It's Vitamin B content is high, and with 17 amino acids, including all 8 essential amino acids, it is a nutritious hormone-rich substance with a wide spectrum of potential benefits. Royal Jelly also contains around 15% aspartic acid, which is important for tissue growth, muscle and cell regeneration.
Can Man Recreate Royal Jelly?
Evidently not. Studies have uncovered some of the nutritional properties of this substance, but much remains undiscovered. Dr. Albert Saenz of the Pasteur Institute in Paris wrote:
"Numerous studies ... demonstrate the existence of fractions in Royal Jelly which correspond to 97 percent of the substance, plus an undermined fraction whose very presence could explain the remarkable and mysterious properties of Royal Jelly."
"Here's yet another product of the beehive with a touch of the bee's magic in it. I suppose some day science will figure out what these unidentifiable elements are and some researcher will try to manufacture them. Until then, the only place to get these mystery nutrients is from the bees."
Some of the many reported benefits of Royal Jelly
- It helps to maintain lower Cholesterol Levels.
- It contains around 15% aspartic acid which is good for Tissue Growth, Muscle and Cell Regeneration.
- It helps to overcome Impotence.
- It is believed to have natural " antibiotic properties " that help the body fight diseases and increase the resistence of the organism and acts as tonic.
- It helps to maintain lower Diabetes.
- It helps to overcome Menopause Related Symptoms.
- It helps to overcome Infertility.
- It helps to maintain Weight Control.
- It helps to improve Rheumatic Fever and Liver Ailments.
- It helps to prevent Age Spots.
- It helps to promote Mental Alertness and Combat Dizziness.
- It enhances metabolism.
- It is also used in cosmetics to soften the skin, to improve its elasticity and to heal lichen and scab.
- It helps enhance sexual desire and performance.
Note that: Fresh Royal Jelly must be kept or stored in cold place in order to maintain freshness and it will be sold with cooler foam.
Fresh Royal Jelly has a yellowish colour sour smell and to be taken once per day before food with half ( 1/2 ) or one ( 1 ) teaspoon, it will be easier to take with warm water or mix with honey due to the sour taste.
You could also apply it onto facial area or body as mask and wash off after 30 mins.
It is not advisable to use metal containers as they can taint the bees' product with toxic iron and lead.